We use all the major IDEs here at DZone, and IntelliJ IDEA is no exception. We've created a basic plugin for IDEA 6.0 that works very similarly to our Eclipse Plugin.
Supported versions: 6.0.6 and higher (including 7.0).
As you browse your source code, you can right-click on any member in the class and jump to the documentation in your external browser. In addition, you can jump to the source by click in the Code menu.
To download this plugin, you can follow one of two paths:
- Download the JDocs API Lookup plugin from the IDEA Plugin Manager.
- Download the JAR manually and install it into your <IDEAHOME>/config/plugins directory.
While this version is an excellent start, we're looking to embed this more deeply into IntelliJ with the following features:
- Make use of the embedded Mozilla browser when available - DONE
- Add keyboard shortcuts to jump to the documentation or the source code at JDocs
- Possible even comment right from your IDE (this applies to all the plugins!)
Think you can fix these problems? If you're a IDEA Maven, we'd love to have a new plugin uploaded to the JetBrains plugin repository for everyone use. Interested? Contact us for more details on how to get started.